The simple façade of 28 gates hides a secret boutique luxury within. Still simple, the interior luxury lies with pure quality and understated beauty - a reflection of the landscape outside. Polished floors made from Tasmanian timbers, comfortable leather sofas, finest bed linen, cosy wood-fire and free-standing bath looking out to a country sky would all astound weary shearers and delight discerning travellers.
At 28 gates, our quality accommodation over two floors sleeps up to six people, with three bedrooms, two bathrooms, two living areas and a fully appointed kitchen, but this is just the beginning… Complimentary still or sparkling wine and handmade treats will be waiting for you upon arrival, then it is up to you to enjoy the following features of your accommodation:
- Three large bedrooms, two with balcony
- Fully appointed kitchen, with European appliances
- Nespresso coffee machine with pods
- Touch-button, instant electric heat throughout
- Four flat-screen televisions, DVD enabled
- In house movies and music
- iPod/ radio docking station
- 'Very good' wireless broadband internet connection
- Printer and scanner
- Free-standing bath with stunning views of the landscape
- Fully equipped laundry
- Balcony/ deck overlooking the beautiful, ever changing scenery
- Bathrobes and slippers
- Books/ magazines/ games
The walls display a series of works by local photographer, Alan Leisheim. These are available for sale, should you wish to take one home.
Food, Glorious Food…
You will be treated to true Tasmanian hospitality, with the best selection of breakfast provisions for you to prepare at your leisure each morning.
- Free range eggs from the property,
- Smokey Bacon,
- Fresh tomatoes,
- Fresh mushrooms
- Home baked bread, straight from Susie’s kitchen
- Tasmanian Milk and butter
- Tasmanian apple juice
- Muesli, weetbix, cornflakes and a delicious assortment of spreads
- Nespresso Coffee Machine with pods and a assortment of different teas
Lunch and dinner can be pre-ordered at an additional cost, and will be prepared by local chefs using local produce where possible.
A selection of local still and sparkling wines is available for purchase including, Stefano Lubiano, Derwent Estate and Meadowbank.
Fifteen minutes by car will take you to the doorstep of the Gretna Green Hotel for a great country meal. Only opened on weekends.
If you happen to forget a couple of grocery items for self-catering purposes, the town of New Norfolk is just a 30 minute drive from 28 gates. It has supermarkets, bakeries, bottle shops and known for the 'wonderful' antique shops (well worth it, I promise you!). It also has a range of restaurants and cafes. Please ask your hosts for specific recommendations.
Dine in & have your meal delivered
Lunch and dinner can be pre-ordered and prepared by local chefs using local produce where possible.